Ankara Governorship EU and Foreign Affairs Unit (T.C. Ankara Valiliği Avrupa Birliği ve Dış İlişkiler Bürosu)
Ankara, the capital of Turkey, is the second largest city after Istanbul in Turkey. The city has a population around 5.05 million. Ankara is one of the most important training and research centers of the country. It has 18 universities, several of which are among reputable ones in the country.
As the local public authority of Ankara, capital of Turkey, Governorship of Ankara has the legal capacity to coordinate local activities through its departments such as ICT, Press and Human Relations, Immigration, Planning and Coordination, Family and Social Policies, Environment, Science, Industry and Technology, Youth and Sports, Food and Agriculture, Public Health, and Education. It plays an active role in dissemination and exploitation of the outputs in EU projects getting feedback about the innovative methods and practices in lifelong learning activities. One of the mission of our governorship is to support the human labour and the capacity of educational structure in meeting the needs of changing working life. Ankara is an important commercial and industrial city. It is on important crossroads of trade, strategically located in the centre of Turkey’s highway and railway networks, and serves as the marketing centre for the surrounding agricultural area. We are managing lifelong learning activities including adult and vocational trainings through 25 Public Education centers in Ankara.
EU and Foreign Affairs Unit was established in November 23, 2010 as a unit of Governorship of Ankara.
The aims of the unit are:
- To prepare and to implement projects in the field of education, health, security, crisis management, environment, public works, culture, tourism, agriculture, etc.
- To increase the number and quality of the projects developed in Ankara Province,
- To bring Europeanization dimension and new improvements of public administrations and civil society in Ankara,
- To provide guidance and counseling services for public institutions and NGOs working on EU Project
- To announce all new calls for grants
- To promote and disseminate outputs of the EU projects (by the database and a best practice exhibition which are preparing).